8.4.15

The Hunger/Burger Games Part 3: Stokey Bears and Shake Shack


It’s time for another instalment of meaty goodness, and in round 3 it’s a visit to Stokey Bears and Shake Shack.

Stokey Bears
Address: 129 Stoke Newington High St Stoke Newington, London N16 0PH
Instagram: @stokeybears
twitter: @stokeybears

I’d heard good things about Stokey Bears and seeing that it’s a 10-minute drive from my apartment I couldn’t put it off any longer.

This burger joint is pretty cool and stands out amongst the kebab shops and East London pubs at the north end of Stoke Newington High Street. The menu isn’t a let down either:

- The Angry Bear: A 100% Sussex beef patty (grass fed on East Sussex pastures), cheese, topped with Helluvapino relish & ribman holyfuck hot sauce in a brioche bun
- Angry fries

This burger was bloody delicious … but not for those who don’t like it hot! The Helluvapino relish and ribman holyfuck hot sauce compliments the patty cooked to perfection. The angry fries might have been a bit OTT alongside the angry burgers, but they were tasty as hell (I just needed a couple of litres of water to see me through the feast!)


My picture of Stokey Bears Angry Burger on my Instagram caught that eye of Buzzfeed and made it into their “17 Burgers You Must Try Before You Die” post. It came in at number 14 (I’d probably put it higher than that but at least it’s on the list huh?)

 


Shake Shack
Address: 24 Market Building, The Piazza, Covent Garden, London WC2E 8RD
Instagram: @shakeshackuk
twitter: @shakeshackuk

These American burger joints are catching on that us Brits love our burgers and are hoping over to set up a few shacks to test the water … and by the queues that Five Guys and Shake Shack are getting on a daily basis, I’d say that it’s paying off! I bet it won’t be long until we see the likes of In-N-Out, Carl’s Jnr, Dairy Queen, Wendy’s, Hardee’s and Steak’n Shake on our shores.

But back to Shake Shack, I’ve been to the shack on the Upper West Side in New York a few times and have actually tried out the shack in Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi whilst out there for work at Ferrari World, so I thought it was about time to revisit the shack down the road in Covent Garden. Once again I stick to what I know and went for:

- The SmokeShack™: 100% all-natural Angus beef - Double stacked cheeseburger topped with all-natural applewood smoked bacon, chopped cherry pepper and ShackSauce
- Cheese fries: Crinkle cut Yukon potatoes topped with our special blend of cheddar and American cheese sauce



This place really is delicious – you can see why there’s a queue out the door each night. The cheese fries are dirty … but in the best kind of way! In all honesty (just like Five Guys) it’s a little on the expensive side for a fast food diner, probably costing you double what you’d spend in KFC, Burger King or MacDonald’s.

ShakeShack UK seem a fan of my pics as for the second time they’ve stolen my posts and featured on their twitter and Instagram:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Joseph R Winter. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig